Digitalisation is re-shaping the business world and is increasingly important for gaining competitive edge. Emerging technologies, together with the evolution and development of new platforms, are providing unparalleled opportunities within shipping and the related transport and supply chain infrastructure.
If Industry 4.0 is to be truly realised, then shipping must embrace a new approach to the traditional supply chain. Moving a container from A to B involves, on average, 30 different actors and 200+ interactions - delivery of goods has never been more transparent, nor more complex. So, what can digitalisation do to streamline and integrate shipping with the connected supply chain ecosystem?
Across three key sessions we will discuss how we can identify the real digital opportunity in front of us and re-define digitalisation in maritime and transport. How can we better understand the business improvements these technologies represent?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Kohei Matsuo, Chief Researcher for Structural and Infrastructure Technologies, Core Manufacturing Technology Department, NMRI (National Maritime Research Institute)
- Professor Daisuke Watanabe, Associate Professor at Department of Logistics and Information Engineering, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Japan
- Eric Jan Bakker, VP Sales Asia Pacific, Marlink
- Hideki Noguchi, Chair - IALA e-Navigation Committee, Deputy Director, Administration and Planning Division, Maritime Traffic Department, Japan Coast Guard
- Captain Sony Rajan, HSE Manager, LNG Ship Management Division, Mitsui OSK Lines Ltd
- Captain Vikrant Sharma, Lead Business Strategist and Lead in Business Development and Consulting, ClassNK
- Alexander Varvarenko, CEO, Varamar Group
- Will Kraus, Director, Marketing and Strategy Development, Iridium
- Captain Savio Gomez, Fintech – Blockchain, AI Start up Strategic Advisor, Marine Inspector OCIMF & CDI
- Yoshihiro Tabata, Regional Account Manager, Marlink
- Rob O'Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Speakers to be announced from: Inmarsat, Intellian, Iridium
- More to follow
For more information on this agenda, and how you could be part of it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org